Tuesday, March 29, 2011

FIDM San Francisco Open House 2011: My Photo Recap!!!


60's Shift Dresses, Fashionable Students, a Fun Lecture, and ...oh, Is That Miss Raja from "RuPaul's Drag Race"???


Nick Verreos, FIDM SF Entrance

This past weekend, I took a quick trip to one of my favorite cities (and old "stomping grounds")--San Francisco--to make a visit at the Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising's San Francisco Campus, for their annual "Open House".

The FIDM SF campus is located right in the heart of Union Square, one of the BEST--and most famous--shopping meccas in the world. I always love coming to the campus because I just LOVE the entire FIDM SF team and they always "roll out the red carpet" for me.

In addition, I always love looking at the great window displays they have as soon as one gets out into the 5th Floor "lobby" area. This time around, they had a display entitled "Pop Goes The 60's", showing colorful fashions of the 60's--from the FIDM SF "vault"--including a sassy red plaid pantsuit--accessorized by a chic red hat/turban--as well as...

A lemon-yellow wrap dress and one of my favorites, the apple-green silk shantung shift dress with encrusted sequin trim seen above on the right. But enough about the chic window displays...now onto the Open House...

Speech Mode: Nick Verreos at FIDM SF Open House 2011

After an entire morning of students, parents and families taking a tour of the FIDM SF Campus and getting to meet former graduates, faculty, the FABULOUS library, and classrooms, they get a special treat: I give my "Nick Inspiration" Lecture and share with everyone my story--from growing up in Caracas Venezuela sketching my mom and flight attendants--to finally pursuing my dream of becoming a fashion designer, attending FIDM and of course, my time on Project Runway. I was taken aback by HOW MANY people showed up for my "little ol' lecture":

It was Standing Room Only kiddies! I have been here before doing my "Nick Lectures" for past Open Houses but this was KRAZEE! (good krazee of course!). I think everyone in attendance really enjoyed it (they told me so afterward) and said that "It was really informative, inspirational" and added that I was "really funny!!".

Say "FASHION!": Nick Verreos poses with a Cuppertino-based high school Fashion Club, FIDM SF Open House 2011

Following this, I took photos with anyone who wanted as well as signed FIDM tote bags. As always, it was so much fun meeting everyone--from the high school students to their mommies and daddies!!

Spell Your Name: Nick Verreos signing FIDM tote bags, FIDM SF Open House 2011

Check out That Necklace: Nick Verreos poses with guest--and future fashion designer--FIDM SF Open House 2011

After the Open House was over, I still had several hours before I had to go back to SFO to catch my Virgin America (Love the Mood Lighting!) flight back to Los Angeles, so the FIDM SF ladies decided to send me off with some delicious cocktails and nibblings at...

Kuleto's on Powell in Union Square. Well, darling, the staff there was BEYOND-gracious as they showered my "party" with complimentary Champagne and yummy signature cocktails. Who knew someone at Kuleto's was a fan of Project Runway and TV Guide Red Carpet Shows and moi!? Needless to say, it was a great "Send Off" and a wonderful way to end a very successful Open House lecture. But wait...it wasn't over:

Posing Girls: Nick Verreos and Sutan "Raja" Amrull of "RuPaul's Drag Race Season 3", Union Square San Francisco

All of a sudden, as I'm about to leave, I spotted a friendly face from LA: Sutan Amrull--"Raja Gemini" from "RuPaul's Drag Race Season 3" just walking with his friends. Of course, I ran out and had to say "Hey Girl!" At the same time, we both asked "What are you doing here in SF???" and I told him I was doing my FIDM SF event and Miss Sutan was emcee'ing "Soiree 9: La Dolce Vita" 9Th Anniversary of the San Francisco LGBT Community Center. We then posed and caused a minor scene right there and then, much to the delight of the German tourists walking by. Love me some Raja!!

Now...I was really ready to catch my flight back home to LA--Until next time SF...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...