Friday, March 25, 2011

Miss Gizmos and Gadgets: Brooke Sherman - Miss Bahamas 2011 Contestant

Beauty Pageant > Road to Miss Universe / Miss World
> Bahamas > Miss Bahamas 2011 Contestants

Brooke Sherman

Miss Gizmos and Gadgets
AGE:  20
HAIR COLOR: Brown
EYE COLOR: Dark Brown
HEIGHT: 5’ 6”

Brooke Sherman
FAVORITE THINGS ABOUT MY HOMETOWN/COUNTRY:
The elements that form our culture such as: the way we speak, our music, our food and our respect for God and moral values.

LIFE’S AMBITIONS:
My life ambition is to travel the world, investing in my education so that I can invest in the lives of younger generations. It is my ultimate aim to establish and operate a marketing, public relations and event coordination firm focused on the development of the tourism industry.  It is my goal to increase the literacy level in the Bahamas through the establishment and implementation of a non-profit organization through which the youth of our nation would be able to advance themselves through communication in their life ambitions.

HOBBIES:
Singing, Dancing, Traveling, Public Speaking [motivational], Event planning.

MY GOALS IN LIFE:
I would like to have attained my Masters in Marketing while becoming fluent in two foreign languages, one of which being Spanish. I would also like to be operating my own private marketing and event coordination firm. I would have already begun to set the groundwork and establish my literacy centered non-profit organization.

MY BEST ASSET IS:
My personality.  

MY DAILY PHILOSOPHY IS:
If I could help someone each day in the name of love then my living would not be in vain.

THE MOVIE (AND/OR BOOK) THAT MOST INFLUENCED MY LIFE:
The book of Job in the Bible.

WHO I WOULD LIKE TO MEET AND WHY:
I would like to meet President Barack Obama because of his historical significance to the world of politics. I would like to learn about his drive to invoke change in his arena.

I AM MOTIVATED BY:
Opportunities to help individuals realize their potential.

WHAT IS THE MOST UNUSUAL THING YOU HAVE EVER DONE?
Almost electrocuted myself.
BRIEFLY DESCRIBE THE MOMENT IN YOUR LIFE YOU ARE MOST PROUD OF:
Entering my first pageant. I never before saw myself competing in a pageant, but after finally making that big step and becoming first runner up, I was extremely proud of myself.

WHAT I WOULD LIKE THE JUDGES TO KNOW ABOUT ME:
I am a Grand Bahamian who is also an advocate for Bahamian empowerment, ownership and innovation. Before my first pageant experience, I never liked pageants or saw myself participating in one.

MY COMMUNITY SERVICE/ACHIEVEMENTS ARE:
VOPAC/BORCO Academic Scholarship
City Market Academic Scholarship
COB Dean's list 2008-2010
Golden Key Honor Society
Junior Achievement; Most Distinguished Achiever 2007
Toastmasters; Advanced Communicator Bronze, Competent Leader Bronze, Club Speaker of the year [CHMI Toastmasters] 2008
Toastmasters International
COBUS [College of The Bahamas Union of Students]
Junkanoo [New Year's Day Parade- Grand Bahama]

DESCRIBE YOURSELF IN THREE WORDS:
Jovial, Genuine, Humanitarian

Brooke Sherman

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...