Saturday, March 26, 2011

Tomacina Culmer - Miss Bahamas 2011 Contestant

Beauty Pageant > Road to Miss Universe / Miss World
> Bahamas > Miss Bahamas 2011 Contestants

Tomacina Culmer

AGE:  19
HAIR COLOR: Black/Brown
EYE COLOR: Brown
HEIGHT: 5' 10"

Tomacina Culmer - Miss Bahamas 2011 Contestant

FAVORITE THINGS ABOUT MY HOMETOWN/COUNTRY:
My favorite things about my country have to be firstly the beautiful weather we have almost all year round; the fact that people pay money to visit this country and I have the privilege of living here. I am truly grateful especially when I watch what goes on in other countries. We are a blessed nation and we sometimes take it for granted. I love the fact that we have the best of both worlds in one country; in some cases on the same island. If you want to live a fast life or a relaxed laid back life there is an island to suit that need.

LIFE'S AMBITIONS:
I aspire to become a role model for others; to be a successful model internationally; and I want to pay my way through college majoring in Digital Photography to return and teach it in The Bahamas.

HOBBIES:
Softball, Volleyball, Dance, Watching TV, Personal Fitness and Surfing the net

MY GOALS IN LIFE:
In 5 years I would like to be finished with school and begin teaching. And also begin preparations to open my own photography studio to provide a better environment to teach my students.

MY BEST ASSET IS:
My best asset is my versatility.

MY DAILY PHILOSOPHY IS:
To be better than I was yesterday physically, mentally, socially, and spiritually.

THE MOVIE (AND/OR BOOK) THAT MOST INFLUENCED MY LIFE:
I haven't watched many movies that have influenced my life because of the type of movies I choose to watch like horror but there is one great motivational movie that I happened to stumble across and that was 'Precious'. That movie is a prime example of what I believe in. You can achieve ANYTHING you want to in life despite anything you've been through or may be currently going through.

WHO I WOULD LIKE TO MEET AND WHY:
In 5 years I would like to be finished with school and begin teaching. And also begin preparations to open my own photography studio to provide a better environment to teach my students.

I AM MOTIVATED BY:
Negativity. Sounds a bit weird but I feed off of people telling me no and expecting less of me.  It just makes me work harder to achieve any goal set before me to my best ability.

WHAT IS THE MOST UNUSUAL THING YOU HAVE EVER DONE?
The most unusual thing I've ever done would be the one time I modeled men's wear.

BRIEFLY DESCRIBE THE MOMENT IN YOUR LIFE YOU ARE MOST PROUD OF:
My high school graduation is the proudest moment of my life hands down. I didn't graduate a top student or get a truck load of awards but being the last of four kids and the first to graduate was a very proud moment for me. Also allowing my mother to watch her last born walk across a stage to receive a diploma rather than watching her hold a baby gives me a feeling I cannot express in words.

WHAT I WOULD LIKE THE JUDGES TO KNOW ABOUT ME:
In my younger days I was considered very tomboyish. I never cared about heels or make-up or dresses. To think about it, I guess I never really cared about my appearance to other people. It was all about me and being comfortable. I wore basketball shorts and t-shirts, even men's boxers. I studied carpentry in high school and studied automotive technology for a term after high school and in both classes I excelled above of the boys.

MY COMMUNITY SERVICE/ACHIEVEMENTS ARE:
High School Diploma
Academic Award of Achievement
Certificate of Achievement Excellence

DESCRIBE YOURSELF IN THREE WORDS:
Cheerful, Optimistic, Determined

Tomacina Culmer - Miss Bahamas 2011 Contestant

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...